Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring is in the Air

Well, mostly!

Things are starting to green up outside now April is here, though it's still perishing cold. I started Miranda on Clarityn a month ago so I'm praying that her tree pollen allergy stays under control this year. I've just got rid of the bacterial nightmare we had last year and I could seriously do without her getting infected eczema again this year. Having MRSA is pretty frightening. I'm just glad that she cleared it out of her system pretty quickly.

I'm off back to England tomorrow for my lovely friend's wedding on Thursday. On my own. Until Sunday, which should be wonderful - a proper break - although I'm bricking myself as I've only done the flight once on my own! I don't leave the children very often. I had a period of three days last year while I had my radiation treatment and couldn't be near anyone for 3 days, but as I felt so rotten I couldn't really enjoy it. The time before that was when my Grandad died. I went to his funeral 8 months pregnant with Gabe and it wasn't really enjoyable, nice to see everyone and give him a good send off, but not enjoyable. So I'm planning to enjoy this. I have my instructions to have a good time...I'm unlike to get another break like this for a while!

I'm still sad that I couldn't get to my Grandpa's funeral, last year.

I'm currently sitting down with a cuppa and typing this while I'm going through my list of things to do, having run round like a blue bottomed fly all morning. I think I'm mostly there. Just have to make a lasagne, a cake, some hot cross buns and a list of what to put in their sandwich boxes! Oh, and finish the laundry, pack my bags and make sure that he can find everything for Easter Day...

No comments: