Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is it OK to vacuum the cat?

I'm fed up to the back teeth of the cat hair tumbleweeds.

Before we got him all I had to cope with was forgotten jelly droppings on the hardwood floor and ground-in playdoh in the carpet. And I was promised by my husband (and, to be fair, all the websites on the breed) that they didn't shed as much as ordinary moggies. Which is complete balderdash.

So now I'm vacuuming more than twice a week. Which is scary. I have never vacuumed that much in my life! It does mean, though, that I discover the jelly droppings and the playdoh crusts before they get fossilized and become part of the 'patina' of the flooring...

I also have a HEPA filter going night and day because, despite what all those websites asserted, Maine Coon cats are just as allergenic as ordinary ones if you're allergic to cat dander...

No comments: